Monday, February 01, 2010

It's a very fine line, a thread if you will
that we balance
when the emotions start to take over
threatening to capsize
this small fragile vessel
wanting nothing more than
to curl up and disappear
there is no more shreds of fear
just empty
hollow, unable to distinguish
feelings from tears
from outside
to in
let me in, I scream in my head
and they ransack my carefully collected
dream box of ideas
my ego, shudders and shuffles
pride turns quickly to anger
and self pity
too quickly
no control
why do they rage
un attended un accounted for
why can't I grab them
drag them down
tear them apart
and fill this heart with
whole?
this is all slowly killing me
I cry inside
they beat me some more
try to throw me out the door
is this really all there is
I refuse to believe
I cannot conceive
a life
this oppressed
it's all such a mess
maybe I just need
a little rest

No comments: