Sunday, July 15, 2012

what are my flood waters
rising against all tides
these poisonous waves
these riped and torn hides

the place that I curl up into
and above
the place I seek most
the place called
this love

and watching you sleep
drowing around me
I stuff it down deep
pretend it surrounds me

the peace that I need
when it all falls apart
when days strech long
needles scraping my heart

was it easy to write
once a time, to carve deep
the silence of love
into two hands
and two feet

I believe it was as hard
as dark is to death
absence of light
the stench of
demon breath

but pulled back again
to peace here I sit
time will roll steady forward
I will steadily fit

these hands into yours
you never look away
this silence we share
no words I need to say

 let the waters rise
if it keeps me alive

No comments: