Friday, May 24, 2013

Remind Me

I don't know why
you're on my mind today
maybe it's the way
the sun it shines
and casts the shadows
in front of me
maybe it's the reminder
of birthday's come
and gone
maybe it's just time
but yet I can't
move on

there will never be
a you and me
sometimes I wonder
if the worlds gone
and erased you
the family moves on
seems so unfair
this daughter with
the lavender hair

I can't ask the questions
that haunt my mind
you never gave that to
me
I think about it all the time
but I've got to give it away
or those demons will
come and taunt me
got to throw you the day
or they'll bounce right
back
point and attack
and I can't give it back

I get so sick of hearing
the same old songs
the ones she sings along to
all while not even
carrying the tune
and those sometimes
even make me think of you

it's always going to be
a messed up piece of history
I'll place it back under the mystery
and pray I can let go
when life keeps
reminding me

we thought that things
would be better this way
but groan and we roam
memories all alone
and we never touch it



No comments: