Sunday, September 20, 2009

May 17th; 5:30 a.m. San Diego International Airport, gate 33

In the interests of fully documenting my trip, here I sit, in a steel grey, larger than life Airport terminal. Waiting, which I guess, is what you do best when you wait for your airplane.
I could go down and get some breakfast, or perhaps a coffee, but my stomach’s already totally freaked out, although, I have to say, I do feel fine right now.
It’s pretty quiet here, only the hum of the overhead fluorescents to keep my ears company. Don’t get me wrong, I could plug my ears into my little iPod shuffle and be grooving away, I just kind of like the buzzing silence right now.
The days ahead of me carry so much uncertainty, but I choose, right here and now, as I type, no NOT be afraid, of anything. I know God brought us here, US, me and Jay, to San Diego, for some reason. He will let me back into the country. It’s just so strange to reflect on everything that’s happened, and see myself here, sitting, waiting for that illusive flight to Montreal. The trip, that I waited so patiently for while in Canada, that simply never came.
There are no mistakes, and there are no coincidences with God. His timing is so perfect. I trust in that.

No comments: